Thursday, September 19, 2013

Today I have something to say...

yesterday, I did not.  Hence, no blog post.  It was late when
Kristin had me help her with learning Latin American countries and capitals, and I realized when it was time to blog that I had nothing rattling around in my head to blog about!  I decided that rather than just rambling about nothing, I could feel good about skipping a day and spare whoever is reading this a dull, stupid blog post.  You are welcome!!  :)

But today, I had several different thoughts.  Should I blog about books I have read lately?  Should I blog about the class I signed up for at Big Picture Classes that has been eliciting all kinds of memories from my childhood?  No, I thought I would leave those for another time and revisit my good friends of late, summer squash!!

We are having a potluck for our RS Meeting tonight, with the main dish being this ridiculously easy pulled pork recipe.  The pork is being made by others and we are also supposed to bring a dessert or side dish, and as I still have more summer squash than I can possibly use before the next wave comes, I decided to make this recipe.

It is a good one.  I modify it a bit, as I never have radishes.  When I have tons of summer squash, I also have tons of cucumbers, so I put in a cup of julienned cucumbers and a cup of chopped onion (preferably a Walla Walla Sweet).  You will note that my "sticks" of veggies are nowhere close to uniform in size.  If I had a mandoline, I am sure it would look much better.  My limited experience with a mandoline left me missing a small chunk of my pinkie, so I choose to take a little extra time to cut them with a knife, and risk having them non-uniform.  (As if there is even a chance that they will be uniform!!  ;)

Btw - before I started this blog experiment, I had no idea how to get from my blog to a link using a word or phrase.  I'm sure for most others, this is common knowledge and you are at this moment rolling your eyes at this.  But...I am pretty excited that I figured it out all by myself.  I didn't even have to Google it!  Kudos to me!!

Try the salad if you so feel inclined and/or have a kitchen counter being overrun by green and yellow vegetables.  I think you'll like it.  (Here is a funny thing relating to zucchini - when I was buying Amber some food to get her started at school, she wanted a zucchini!!!  It took a little cajoling for me to actually pay money for one knowing what I had waiting for me at home!  As a mom, how could I turn down a request that included a vegetable???)

No comments:

Post a Comment