Saturday, September 21, 2013

Livin' in the land down under...

Of all our children, our oldest daughter, Ashley, had our vote for "Most Likely to Live in the Same Town All Her Life" Award.

Well, we couldn't have been more off target.  Since going to college, she has lived in Provo, Dallas, Seattle, back to Dallas, Philadelphia, Bogota (yes, Colombia), and again to Dallas.

For their next big adventure, they are heading to Perth, Australia!!  Who would have ever thought it??

Now, as the mama of this wonderful girl, I have to report on my progress...

When she was first married, the thought of her moving so far away would have sent me into all manner of panic attacks, and worriedness, and even just plain sadness that she would be so far away.

But 7 years into her great married adventure, I am happy to say that I am so excited for her and her family.  I have a feeling that having her move so many times, to places far away and may I say, dangerous in one case, has made me a little more open to her adventures, and maybe the opportunity of a few of my own!!

So, I say, bring on Australia!  It will be far, it will be hard to communicate (there is a 15 hour time difference), but it will be fun, and new, and it is something that they have been wanting to do for a while, and here is there chance, so who am I to throw water on their exciting plans!!

But, should I get to visit, please don't be surprised and/or offended if I pass on the vegimite sandwich!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment