Yesterday when I went out to pick the garden, I realized that I had some beautiful flowers going in my yard. Not the fact that I didn't realize this until now, gives away my lack of involvement in the flower department this year, but despite my neglect, there are a few pretty ones to share.
 |
| We tried some pots in the shade and this dragonwing begonia really stands out. Much better than the other begonia behind it, the alyssum that didn't make it through the summer and the coleus which you can see if you peer at the left side of the pot intently. |
 |
| This is my miracle sunflower. When I was weeding the garden earlier in the summer, I accidentally pulled out the young plant. I quickly replanted it, but it wilted as a newly yanked out plant would. But wonder of wonders...it survived. Although it is small and bloomed later than the few other sunflowers in the garden, I enjoy it everytime I get out there to pick the garden. |
 |
| Same plant, just a close up. I love how the sun lights up the petals. |
 |
| Orange zinnias and purple osteospernum. What a happy combo. The zinnias are volunteer from last year, and the osteospernum is an annual I stuck in the ground in the early summer. I love the way they look together. |
 |
A close up of an aster that isn't the prettiest one in the patch, surrounded by weeds. Beautiful or not, it is supplying pollan and nectar for this bee. The circle of life...we are all connected to each other...any other Disney song you would like to insert that applies. :)
|
Fall is my favorite for many reasons, and it just occured to me that one big reason may be that the temperature is more conducive to actually spending time outdoors, and giving me a chance to enjoy our yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment