Tuesday, September 17, 2013

All the kids are teenagers now (or have been one in the past)

I started a tradition of hanging a sign on our house when each of the girls turned 13.  Living 2 blocks from the jr. high school, I loved the thought that when their friends walked home, they would see the sign and know it was their birthday.
Well, having a child with a summer birthday shot a hole in that tradition.  In the middle of July, the only people who walk by our house are those who are out for a morning walk/run/stroll.  The fact that Trev was at Scout Camp the week of his birthday only complicated things.  
Of course, I still wanted his picture with his sign to complete my collection, so even though this was taken about a month after his birthday, it is still accurate, and solves my dilemma.  Win/win.
Everyone knows the sterotypical teenage girl...I won't even go into detail about that.  I didn't really know what to expect from a teenage boy so all I can say is it is a new adventure.  Sometimes a pretty wild and loud one, but being the great kid that he is, we'll keep him!!


No comments:

Post a Comment