I have always been a Wizard of Oz fan. I truly have no idea how many times I watched it as a child/teenager. I haven't watched it a lot as an adult, mostly because my kids weren't very interested in it, not like I was. I love that it starts out in black and white, then magically changes to full color when Dorothy landed in Oz.
I love the Munchkins, Almira Gulch and her bicycle, flying through the air, and Dorothy's interaction with each of her Oz friends - the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, and the Cowardly Lion. I don't know how old I was when I realized the farm hands in the beginning of the movie were those three characters in Oz. I LOVE Dorothy's ruby slippers and the fact that she can tap them 3 times and they will take her home.
I also love the soldiers marching into the castle singing Oh-Ee-Oh, Oh-Oh. (maybe its the song I love more than the actual soldiers.) I don't love the wicked witch, but I do love the concept of her ability to call out the Flying Monkeys when she needed a little back up.
Now, I can't claim magical powers, or that I know the secret to getting yourself back home when you lose your way, but I have been known a time or two to warn my kids that they don't want me to call my Flying Monkeys!! :)
Enter this sign that I ran across at the BYU Bookstore the last time we were there! I truly couldn't resist buying it because now I have something physical I can flash when the need arises to call out the FMs.
So perfect when my inner wicked witch surfaces!! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment