Tomorrow is the big day. Amber leaves the security of the MTC and heads out to the mission field bright and early!! She will be able to give us a quick call before she boards the plane. She is excited and ready to serve. Today she had me post to her blog,
Adventures of Sister Rietz. She also got to send us pictures of her time learning how to be a missionary.
I wasn't sure how the MTC would be for her. A person hears so many different things - some missionaries cry themselves to sleep for the first while, some feel overwhelmed, some love the MTC and don't want to leave. I think I have heard the full gamut. From what we can glean, via a couple of emails and one snail mail letter home, she has loved her time there, even the long days in the classroom, but is ready to start sharing the Gospel. Her letters sound upbeat, and you can see from the pictures that she looks pretty happy.
I include a few pictures from her emails. Enjoy!
 |
| With one of her first investigators, Kitty. |
 |
| I can't be sure, but I would guess this is in front of the Provo Temple. |
 |
| I love this double greeting to little Carter from his Aunt Amber and Uncle Johnny who happened to be in the MTC at the same time! |
 |
| Apparently everyone was on the same page for their color scheme that day. These are the sister missionaries in Amber's district. |
 |
| Sister Rietz with her companion, Sister Prows. |
We are super excited for Amber as she starts the next part of her mission. I can't tell you how many times I checked my email today. Last week her email came in the morning, so I figured that would be the same today. Nope, not until mid afternoon today. I had to be a patient Mama. It was worth the wait, I assure you! These pictures are worth a thousand words.
No comments:
Post a Comment