Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A "Wicked" Surprise

Here is how the whole thing went down....

One afternoon Dallin called to say he had 4 tickets to the musical "Wicked" in Spokane.  He suggested that I surprise Kristin, and he would surprise Chelsie.  I was in!  John agreed it was a good idea, so then the hardest part was keeping it a secret for almost a week!  So many times I wanted to just blurt out the good news, but I didn't, and neither did Trevor or Amber who also knew the plan. Whew!!

Timing was important the afternoon of the performance.  I had Visiting Teaching scheduled, and needed to be done in time to leave by 4:00.  I didn't know where I was going, and didn't want something stupid, like getting lost to ruin things.  Of course, VT went later than planned, and I had to bug out early so I could get home, tell Kristin to pack a bag for overnight, grab some food and hit the road.

When we were almost to the theatre, I asked her if she knew what we were doing, and she guessed right, (she had asked Trev before we left, but he held his secret tight!!) and she was very excited!  (See photos below.  Her instagram post for the second picture was "Words cannot describe my joy!!!")

It was a fantastic performance, we had really great seats, and I am ready to see it again!!
I have seen it with Ashley in New York, Kristin and Chelsie in Spokane, and so now I have to see it with the other 3 kids.  Just a head's up, Ryan, Brandon and Dallin have been instrumental in making the first 2 times happen, no pressure!! :)

These are her "surprised eyes"!
I'm told words cannot express her joy!!

We found some hometown friends before the performance. 

I am a blessed mama!  2 beautiful girls here and 3 more in parts far away!! One very handsome son, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment