Thursday, August 29, 2013

GBE Day 3 - The day after



The day after the wedding we went to church with Shannon and Steven.  The building we went to was right next to the Newport Beach Temple, so after Sacrament Meeting and before we took Mom to the airport, we took a few minutes to snap some pictures of this beautiful building.  

You will note that the people in this picture are pretty small, but I couldn't resist getting as much of the temple in the picture as I could.  

The history of this temple is interesting.  It was paid for by the members in the area.  Some paid as much as 30% tithing to help pay for it.  The original stone for the exterior was white, but the residents wanted it to blend in with the surrounding structures.  A local business had ordered the pinkish stone for a project and wanted white, so a switch was made and the result is what you see.  

It was a great experience to be in this temple, and I am grateful my kids were able to see it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment