...piece of cake that is. My birthday cake, baked by Kristin, with homemade frosting made by me and Trev. It was a really yummy cake, and I know others thought so also, as I think I have only had 2 pieces. Hee hee. As I was making the frosting, I wondered why I have been possessed in the past to purchase store bought frosting!! Such a waste when a person can easily whip up some butter (1/2 cup) add about 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, a few tablespoons of cocoa, 1 - 2 tablespoons of milk, and a splash of vanilla! After whipping that until its very fluffy, nothing can compare! (my veiled recipe is because I may have gotten that recipe from someone who said the person they got it from didn't want to share it. Although, the cocoa is my modification, so its all good, right?? :)
At any rate, I am now one year older (plenty of evidence on that count) and I would hope one year wiser, (time will tell on that one.) I thought of sharing a list of 51 things I have done/accomplished in my life, but will spare you that, and just say that I have lived and continue to live a blessed life full of people I love and who love me. I have the Gospel in my life, and the knowledge that Heavenly Father loves me enough that he let his son give his life so I could have the Atonement to use to someday live with him again. I have a warm home to come in out of the cold, and I have safe water to drink, and more food to eat than I need. I also have the blessing of health which I realize more everyday is HUGE!! I often think as I pull on one of my favorite sweatshirts, Life is Good!! which is the saying on that favorite sweatshirt, which if you look in the mirror and read it says "boog si efil! I'm weird, I know!!!
Here is something that cracked me up as my birthday approached...I saw somewhere (probably Facebook) that there are so many birthdays this time of year because 9 months before is Valentine's Day. After I read that, I began to realize there are a lot of people I know who were born around this time. It does make me chuckle...
No comments:
Post a Comment