Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fourteen Things to Note (plus one more)


My victorious candle extinguishing job!  There aren't 50 candles, but there were enough!  (Note the Scrabble tiles in the foreground!  My opponents probably let me win since it was my birthday!  NOT!! :)

Our picture perfect turkey on Thanksgiving!  Too bad we couldn't eat it right away, as my new meat thermometer did me wrong and it wasn't cooked all the way.  Luckily, we had turkey #1 at the ready.  And it was cooked!
Dallin is always up for a project!  He hung these fabric covered boards for me above the stairs.  I love, love them!

We took a hike down by Hell's Gate State Park.  It was a drizzly day, and thankfully the rain held off until we made it back to the car.  We made it to the top and had a lovely view of the river, and Tammany Creek Road.

We spied this majestic creature on our way down.  He didn't stick around long after  he spied us.

I truly think this is the largest tumbleweed I have ever seen!!!

The girls' Hobbit House

The boys' Male Mansion.  May I introduce you to Ryan?  He's the male on the right.   He came to visit for a few days before heading home for Christmas.  ( He mainly came to visit Alli, but he was a good sport and hung out with the rest of us also.  :)

The Male Mansion is full of all things "male".  We just have to use our imagination to see them.   See the sign on the Hobbit House? It says "No admittance except on party business."

Alli's 21st Birthday!  Strawberry Rhubarb and Banana Cream Pie!!

At Locomotive Park.  Cold but very pretty!  

Christmas morning post-present opening

The puzzle project, completed.  You can't tell, but the puzzle pieces are made up of tiny pictures!  It was hard, but the crew worked diligently and completed it in a few days.

A portion of the Grinch quilt.  My goal was to finish it before Christmas, so while Alli and Kristin made the Clam Chowder for Christmas Eve dinner, I finished the binding!  I LOVE this quilt.  It may be one of the top 3 favorites I have made.  (One of the many things I love about it is the pearl cotton I used to quilt it.  I think the bigger stitches suit this quilt perfectly.)
I couldn't resist including a picture of the whole quilt!   I think I will have to talk myself out of keeping it out all year!!
That is how much I love it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment