Fall is falling and the weather is delightfully cooler than the end of August. The mornings are brisk. This is a familiar refrain "Can we close up the house?" I am loving the cross breeze through the living room/kitchen, even if it means putting on a jacket. Too soon we'll be keeping the doors and windows closed for good. I say we go with the breeze for as long as we can.
School has started. I documented the first day of school this year. Not a usual thing I do, mostly because I don't think about it until its too late! I did have to get a pix of Amber's outfit since she is so full of school spirit, and I made her shorts for her under a bit of a time crunch due to circumstances beyond my control! GO BENGALS!!!
Amber, dressed as a Sr. Leader is ready to orient the lowly Sophomores
With the start of school also comes the start of Fall Sports, Homecoming Hall plans, football games and so much more, but let's take a little walk down memory lane, and recall a bit of summer.
Camping in the backyard
The boys came to town to hang out with us while mom and dad went on a fantastic European vacation. We probably had more fun than they did! (At least a different kind of fun.)
One night, Trev, T1 and Kristin broke in the new tent by having a backyard camp out. T1 had a great time so they did it a second night, but didn't have as much fun until Aunt Amber came to sleep with them. (The shadowy branches were just a little too scary!!) Here's a funny thing. The morning after the first camp out, Ash and Brandon called to skype with the boys early in the morning. The house was really quiet, I hadn't heard a sound, so I assumed they were all still sound asleep in the tent. We skyped for a bit, but they had to go do something fun like hike up a mountain in Switzerland, or eat gelato in Italy, so we signed off. Unbeknownst to me, the campers were all downstairs watching a movie because the sun woke them up at 5 am!!! They slept in a little later the second time, but not much!
At any rate, T1 loved it, and we know Brandon is glad that we introduced him to camping out. What a great family activity! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment