you can't see forever (from our deck) but you can usually see wheat fields, mountains and blue sky. Clearly, (no pun intended) it is not a clear day. There are fires in areas all directions from Lewiston and since we are in a valley, the smoke comes, settles in a stays. This is at least the 2nd time this last month that we have been socked in like this, although this time is definitely worse. Any view of the Lewiston Hill was completely covered by smoke, and you can kind of tell from the pictures that even the trees in our yard are blurred by a smoky haze! It is eerie and a little bit otherworldly!!!
The worst part is all the acres of land that is burning! I heard about 3 fires, one north, one west and one south of us, but central Washington is also on fire and who knows where else in the region!!
Maybe some cooler weather is on its way...We can only hope!
All 47 regional fires have gave a bit of relief for kristin and I's allergies, but I would rather sneeze all morning, then cough from the smoke. :)
ReplyDelete