Spring Break has finally arrived. Along with that comes a week full of Adventure, Projects, Deep Cleaning, and Fishing.
We normally don't fish, but Trevor likes to, and with a beautiful Spring day like today we just had to go to the park and give it a try. We had good luck, and caught a total of 8 fish Trevor and I wanted to make it a competition to see who could catch the most fish and with the fish biting it seemed like it was going to be a great day for fishing. We had great luck and caught 4 fish in a half-hour. After a while the fish would bite but according to everyone I was paying too much attention to the little 4-yr. old that was catching fish right when he would cast his line. I admit that I was jealous of his skill or should I say his grandpa, that would actually put the worm on the hook for him.
Note: Worms move a lot when you put sharp objects in them.
Trevor Caught this beautiful Rainbow Trout
I caught this Rainbow Trout, and in the middle of the
picture it decides to splash me in the face with
the nasty slime.(see pic. below)
Trevor's 3rd or 4th fish.
The Little Boy that ended up catching the maximum
amount that you can get in a day- 6 Fish.
Note: Don't start conversations that will be Never
Ending!
In all the Fishing Trip was a lot of fun and now that I have my Fishing License, I think that I might have to start fishing more to understand that you have to pay attention to the bobber for when the fish are nibbling at it. I must say tho that I caught just as many as Trev that was concentrating on the bobber the whole time. Unfortunately Kristin was in Coeur d'Alene with her friend: rock climbing and swimming.
The Last Fish Caught that tied the Competition 4-4.
It was small enough that dad told me to swallow it.
Trevor and Dad watching the fish as it is released to hit
the rocks, not intentionally. Fish was unharmed.
The way that Trevor Fishes, and then the way that I Fish.:)
Notice how I have my pole straight in the air. Maybe that is why I
wasn't catching anything. Hmmm. :)
On Monday Kristin and Trevor (after much convincing and bribing) got me to help them build a bridge across the ditch where there used to be a stream in our backyard. We got as many 2 by 4's as we could find and found 2 long pieces of wood as we could find and started to hammer them into the 2 by 4's. After that plan didn't work, we switched to dad's power drill and got the job done quickly. After that we sanded it and made it smooth, and then told mom what we had done. She was impressed that we did it. I must say that the bridge is pretty sturdy and held me jumping on it. It also held all of the kids without it breaking.:) that's a plus.
The Finished Bridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment