In honor of my roadtrip with Ashley and Talmage last week, I thought I'd offer a quiz about some of the states in the "Great 48".
1. What state has more quarter horse farms (for lack of a better word) than I ever imagined? This state also has a pretty scary place to stop and buy gas. I call it Scary Perry. (Oklahoma)
2. What state has people in it that are very anti-abortion as we could see by the signs along the road, many sunflower fields, (way past their prime, truly sorry we missed that) and also boasts of an 8000 lb. prairie dog? We can't substantiate this as a fact because we choose not to take the exit and see for ourselves. (Kansas)
3. Which state has a publication, much like an Auto Trader, that is only for tractors?
You name the brand, it was for sale! This state also has the same sign to welcome you that it used when I was a little girl! That was a long time ago. (Colorado)
4. In which state did we see a cow walking along the entrance ramp to I-80. (You probably think I'm kidding on this one, but I kid you not!) This was also the state that Ashley and I remembered the purpose for the defroster in the car. What a blond moment that was! (Wyoming)
5. Which state had all 3 of Talmage's grandmas at the same time? (Greats not included. Although there were some there also.) (Utah)
6. In which state, did we stop at the "Garden of Eden" for lunch? Big snake, tree, stuffed parrot and real water tumbling down some rocks included. This Garden of Eden also had a Taco Time, a Blimpies and pretty much anything else a traveler could want to buy. (Idaho)
7. Which state did Talmage finally decide he'd had enough of the road trip? We also stopped in a pretty sorry town in this state, got a blizzard treat from Dairy Queen and passed 3 quilt shops. Go figure! Life just isn't fair sometimes. (The town was not very big at all) (Oregon)
8. What was the state we left from with lots of oil wells which look just like the dinosaurs I thought they were as a child, and which state was our final destination and a beautiful green ending to our trip? (Texas and Washington)
Well, how'd you do?
As you can tell, we drove through many states, stopped at least once in each of them, and had a great trip, with some great memories. I predict Talmage will be a long-haul trucker at some point in his life. The open road didn't seem to phase him for most of the trip, and he was pretty content to chew on his biter biscuits or play with his toys when he wasn't snoozing! What a blessing!
Sadly, we have no pictures of this great adventure! Ashley's camera was packed, and mine is on its way to the great camera-land in the sky! But each of the family members we stayed with will vouch for us being there. What a great experience! I think Ashley, Brandon and Talmage will have a great time living in the Evergreen state for a few months, and taking advantage of the Great Northwest.
Thanks for letting me go along with you, Ashley and Talmage!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We stop at the Garden of Eden truck stop every time we drive to Boise. It really is quite interesting inside! I'm glad the trip went so smoothly for you three!
ReplyDelete