When your kids can carve their own pumpkins with a minimum of assistance, you know they are growing up. Of course, the mama of this group has mixed feelings about this situation. There is a feeling of relief that I don't have to stick my hand inside a cold, wet, stringy pumpkin to clean it out, (well, in the end I had to help Trev a bit with that), yet on the other hand a twinge of remorse at yet another signal that my kids are becoming less and less dependent on me. Of course, they are still very happy for me to feed them, and do their laundry, and take them where they need to go, etc. But little moments like this are those I really thought I would never experience as a mom of six children who always seem to need something.
But, here they are, in living color - scraping, carving, drilling, shaping. All by themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment