
You know, things like that. But no one ever said I'd have to be brave around scorpions!!!
Here's the story-
Our field trip in April was to a fossil dig not too far out of town. The boys were excited, the weather was very cooperative, and we were having great success finding leaf fossils, when suddenly there was a cry - "Here's a scorpion!" Said crier was not talking about a scorpion fossil. There, crawling along the dirt was a real life scorpion. Tiny but with his stinging little backside up in the air. I bravely took my shovel, moved him across the road and we continued. As the boys chipped away at the hillside, two more "friends" were unearthed and thanks to a sharp-eyed bear cub scout, I didn't grab one of them as I was reaching for a rock. Well, in the end, no one was stung - good thing since I didn't brush up on my scorpion first aid before I came. FYI - you treat a scorpion bite much like a spider bite, unless the symptoms are more serious, then go right to snake bite first aid. One of my cubbies was a little traumatized, but he has come to den meetings since, so I think he must have overcome his fear.
So...who knew my horizons would be broadened in such a way because of this calling? We are always growing aren't we?
wow I cant believe you found a REAL LIVE SCORPION small is still dangerous. Take baby snakes they cant control how much poison they put in so you AND the snake pass away (From Hayden
ReplyDelete