Meet the newest member of the family.
Talmage Jackson Peay made his grand entrance on December 29, 2008. Weighing in at 8 lbs. 10 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long, he left no doubt he is a hearty boy, who is ready to take on the world. Ashley did great and is feeling good. She is a natural mom. Brandon stayed in the game, and contributed his support and even cut the cord. Good work!
Talmage and I formally met on Jan. 6th. After a maddening mix up by the airlines, I was just glad to be there. I feel very blessed I could spend a little over a week with them. It was incredible to hold him, rock him, feed him, change him and get to know him firsthand. and it was a real treat to help Ashley and Brandon get used to having a new member of the family. I'm not sure I would be happy just seeing a picture of Talmage's monkey hair - I'm glad I saw it in person! Way cute.
My own family really stepped up to the plate and kept things running smoothly at home. I think we all like their new-found ability to take care of themselves and kudos to Allison for taking the lion's share of dinner detail. Many kudos to John for being mom and dad while I was gone. Although I was sad to leave the Peays in Texas behind, I was glad my Idaho family was happy to see me when I got home.
It wasn't all work in Texas, and Ashley and Brandon made sure I got a taste of the town they love living in. A few highlights include -
- the famous Los Colinas Mustangs (I couldn't resist taking a cheesy tourist photo there)
- the beautiful Dallas Temple
- Sprinkles cupcake factory (orange was pretty yummy)
- Brandon's really tall office building
- Sam Moon (if you've ever been there, you'll appreciate that I'm still getting over the overwhelming experience of stepping in the door)
- Costa Vida and gelato on the same day (yum)
- seeing my friend Lauralea. I've known her since before I can remember and haven't seen her for 22 years. Catching up and sharing photos was great fun.
All in all, I think this grandma thing is going to suit me just fine. I know there are a few responsibilities that go along with it, but I think I'm up to the task. I don't see any problem with complete adoration and unabashed love for this new little one and those who will follow some day. Wow - life is good!
You sooooo don't look like a grandma! LOVE the hair on that dude! So cute! Glad you had a good time and everyone survived.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it the best! I agree, getting this "grandma thing" down comes quite naturally. Meagan and Paisley just left us after a 5 day visit along with my mom, it was so hard to let them go. You certainly do not look like any of the grandmother's I know, Talmage might have to come up with another term for you, I guess hot mama really doesn't sound too respectful, you'll think of something, I am sure.
ReplyDelete