Sunday, February 15, 2009

A very time-consuming job


Being a grandma is very hard work. (Talmage says hi! Here he is at one month.) You may have figured this out since I haven't posted anything for about a month. I'm sure that like any other new job, once I get the hang of it, I'll be right on top of things, just like I usually am!! :-)

But for now, here are a few of the latest happenings around here.

Basketball fever is going strong in our house right now. Trevor and Kristin are both playing on a team for the first time and both are loving it!! Kristin has decided being a point guard is a very important thing to be, and Trevor is the shortest on the team, but he can mix it up with the big guys and many times come out with the ball. With a few more weeks in the season, we are assured several more entertaining and exciting games.





All in the name of fun, our Mutual had a lip-sync night a few weeks ago, and I thought we needed a record of Allison and Amber participating on the blog. I love that Mutual gives my kids a place to go and have a lot of crazy fun with kids their own age and with the same standards. By the way, Allison is one of the muses from Hercules, singing "I Won't Say I'm in Love" and Amber is singing "Money, Money, Money" from Momma Mia. I actually missed the activity that night because I was in Texas, but can't wait to see the DVD.

Kristin, our girl who loves many things - books, soccer, basketball, television, candy, showers right after dinner - is growing up. Last week marked her 11th birthday and she shows no signs of slowing down on her race to 12. Not one to love cake and ice cream she opted for Chocolate Sundaes with her very favorite cherry on top. She is becoming quite a lovely young lady and can light up a room with her smile. We love her so!!!


And in other family news, our European traveler has returned home safe and sound. I can't post any pictures as I have not seen one yet from her trip, but the yummy chocolates and cool souvenirs Chelsie brought home prove that she was in another part of the world for a month. How did she get that replica of a bull fighters knife through all the metal detectors she had to go through? She is nothing if not resourceful. And she is nothing if not gainfully employed at two jobs and anxiously waiting for fall semester to start and get back into the college swing of things.


And here is a thought for all of you who know you should back up your digital pictures that are on your computer, but just can't quite find the time or inclination or whatever... Just do it! Last week I thought I had a virus on my computer. After spending a few stress-filled, anxious hours doing the very thing I've been putting off, even after many feelings that I really, really need to do it, it turned out to be a false alarm and all was well. But the thing that kept running through my head and made me the maddest at myself was that I had been prompted many times over the last few months and finally got a wake up call! I didn't lose a picture and yes, now those pesky pictures are backed up. The real question is "Will I take this lesson to heart and not let the same thing happen again?" Well, of course, time will tell and history isn't necessarily in my favor, but a girl's got to have faith in herself and who knows, maybe next time I'll get it right.



Sunset pictures keep showing up on my camera, and this one was exceptionally pretty, so I thought I'd share it. A perfect way to end my post.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there-- cute photos! That little guy is getting so big already! Looks like a little man in that outfit! You'll have to tell me all about b-ball. I'm curious. Hayden doesn't want to play soccer this spring. Dale wants to do baseball AND soccer. Is Trevor? Glad Chelsie is home safely. VERY fun mutual activity, too! Were you in Texas AGAIN?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad too see the kids enjoying basketball, of course, around here, that is the only true sport although the kids have explored many others . . . they are part Reid and always come back to bball. Your grandson is so handsome, you and John must be loving this except for the part about him living in another state, what is up with that? Will they eventually move closer? We are hoping for such things too, Tennessee, Texas, those are both too far away from us!

    ReplyDelete