As so often happens, I get behind on my blog, and have to settle for a few favorite pictures to document exactly what has been taking up my time that I intend to use for blogging.
This month has been no exception, and I give you a condensed version of September, 2015...
What would Autumn be like without soccer? I really couldn't tell you, as I have been going to soccer games in the Fall for longer than I can remember!! Sadly, the light at the end of that tunnel is growing brighter by the year! The LHS girl's soccer team just celebrated the Seniors as part of their last home game on Saturday. Seven girls who have played together for at least 4 years, and in the case of a few of them, most of their young lives.
 |
Ashley, Kristin, Allison and Miranda, Soccer Storm - circa 2004
(Be still my heart!! How cute are these little girls?) This year, these girls played teams consisting of several of their current LHS teammates. How fun would it be to have taken pictures of all of them back then?? One more note - Kristin loved this blue uniform and wore it A LOT!! She was such a funny duck back then about clothes!! |
 |
Kristin, Rylee and Ashley, LHS Soccer Team - 2015
A trio of beautiful girls |
 |
Michael, Kian, Ashley and Kristin, Soccer Storm - circa 2008
Hard to believe these kids are all graduating this year!! |
 |
| Just one of this girl's many talents!! |
 |
| Beautiful!! |
 |
| They can't wait to graduate!!! |
More on soccer in a minute, but let's take a break to catch up on more September happenings...
Ashley and Chelsie came to visit and brought their 4 little guys with them! It was great, and although it went by really fast, it was an unexpected treat to have them come!!
We...
 |
| ...went to the park and played... |
 |
| ...rode scooters on the pump track... |
 |
| ...rode scooters on the walking path... |
 |
| (Carter even got in on that action) |
 |
| ...cheered on Trev at his soccer game... |
 |
| ...felt protected by our resident Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle... |
 |
| ...and spent a rainy afternoon indoors, which included playing in the teepee the girls played with as children. I couldn't help snapping a photo of the kids doing the exact thing their moms used to do... |
 |
| I know I am missing T2 but he chose not to participate |
We didn't do too many exciting things, but also managed to have a pizza night, watch the real-life Cinderella movie, find a house for next summer's vacation, and have a few nice chats to boot. The girls also took advantage of a little nap here and there. An added perk when Nonna is around. :) The only bad part about the trip was the fact that Trevor and Kristin were both so busy with soccer, they didn't get to spend much time with our visitors. Kristin actually skipped school one morning because she had two away games while they were here, and literally only got to spend a few hours with them. There wasn't much we could do about that, just the way it was. :(
|
Elder Dallin H. Oaks came to our Stake Conference this month! Kristin had the opportunity to help give him his lunch for the trip back up to Spokane! She came in the house after she got home and said..."Best. Day. Ever!". That is music to this mama's ear!! I'm grateful she knows the importance of modern day apostles and prophets, and what a blessing it is to have been in the presence of Elder Oaks!!
Of course, there are a few other things that have been going on this month, unfortunately, no pictures are available, but they are happening nonetheless...
Seminary is in full swing. I'm getting to know my class, and loving it! We are studying the Old Testament this year!! Yikes! I'm just taking it one day at a time. And yes, it is still relentless, but I'm also grateful for the calling!! It is amazing!!
Yoga is still happening, although I took an unintended break in August! Too much going on. It feels so good to be back at it!!
And just life in general has been moving along at a pretty fast clip! I thought it would slow down a bit after school started, but I should have known better! Silly me.
 |
Kristin had a great final home game. She assisted on both goals scored by LHS! She has loved her time as a Lady Bengal!!
|
 |
| Trevor in his game against Moscow. |
 |
Another stroll down memory lane...Hayden, Cassidy, Kristin and Alyssa. Boys and Girls Club soccer, 2006
Especially poignant as Hayden was involved in a fatal helicopter crash this summer. A tragedy too great for words. |
 |
| I made posters for each of the Senior girls. There is glitter from one end of my house to the other, and much in between! :) |
So there is the Reader's Digest version of September. As you can see, it was a great month!!
No comments:
Post a Comment