Friday I was finally able to donate blood. I tried 2 weeks ago - my iron was too low. I didn't make it back the next week to try again. The Monday after that, I went to the donation center and tried to be a walk-in. They were busy and it would have been a long wait. I signed up for the LCSC blood drive the next day. I found a parking spot, no small feat, found the SUB, another big accomplishment, found the donation location, and was told the computers were really slow, and would I be able to wait? I could for a bit, so I settled in with my book on my iPhone. 15 minutes later, they shut down the drive. It was just going too slow!! Arrrgghhh! So...I went to the donation center yesterday as a walk-in again. They had a spot for me, and they took my blood sample. The first one was low, but they tried the other hand. Success!! I was in the range, and soon was hooked up to a bag collecting my blood! Yay! I have set a goal to donate 6 times this year, and I was running out of chances!! So glad it worked out.

Its been snowing! Thursday night it started, and we woke up to a blanket of white. It stopped during the day, but this morning, we woke up to a fresh layer of snow. John and Trev went to the Klondike Derby (winter campout with competition built in) and they had plenty of snow at the campground. They got home safely with all of their fingers, toes and ears. I knew they would be okay, but I was a bit worried they might get a little frostbite. In the end, all the scouts made it home, safe and sound. Kristin has had some good driving in snow experience. The sad thing for this mama is that in the past, we have dropped everything to make sure we take advantage of the snow, and get ourselves out to sled down the hill. You can see from the picture that there is not a track to be found in our snow! Sigh!! Trevor was gone, and Kristin wasn't going to go without him. Yet another sign that my kids are growing up!!

Speaking of which, it was Kristin's birthday this week. Sweet sixteen!! We had her family dinner Thursday. The usual for her - Bulgogi, potatoes (two kinds), corn, crescent rolls from a can, jello and green pie (two this year)!! Friday, I threw her a surprise party! She said she was a little suspicious, but I think the girls popping out from behind the dining room table and out of the kitchen still surprised her. Pizza + the Frozen soundtrack + a lot of noise + cell phones = a good time. They didn't even want the hot fudge sundaes I had ready to go, they were enjoying themselves too much.

Guess who was Student of the Month for January? So proud of him! He is keeping up the tradition of being a great kid at the Jr. High. You will note the name of the Jr. High. Their mascot is the Braves. Someone from the tribe proposed that the mascot should be changed, so it went before the school board. Don't know how that went, I will be interested to see. Apparently the mascot used to be the Savages, which I can see might be negative in some people's opinion. I actually think Braves is pretty positive and not derogatory in any way. It is surely not as un-politically correct as the Orofino Maniacs, so named because the Idaho State Mental hospital was located there for many years. No one has ever complained about that??? Hmm...

Our son-in-law, Brandon is in Dubai for a training meeting sponsored by his employer. Kristin knew about this man made island off the coast so we told Brandon to get a picture of it. Little did we know he would actually be staying on it! What other adventures are in store for him? Who knows???.jpg)
.jpg)
This little guy just keeps growing. We are looking forward to him and his mom visiting for a week. Chelsie got her tonsils out, so she'll be here with Carter while she recuperates for a few days. Such a sweetie!!

No comments:
Post a Comment