Yellowstone is a beautiful place in the winter. As we drove through and saw the amazing natural wonders, I was so grateful to live on this beautiful earth.
Photo #1 - Here is an example of the snowmobile I rode on day 1. I ended up with a two person machine, which meant I shouldn't have been able to climb this really big hill, which I did climb because I didn't know I shouldn't have been able to do it! :-) Also, my machine didn't have "GUIDE" plastered across the windshield. We would have ended up in Canada if I had been in the lead.
Picture 6 shows the herd of buffalo we had to drive through on our Snow Coach tour. They just moseyed around us and watched us go by, then they followed us until we left them in our 20 mph snow dust! We saw elk, swans, an eagle, coyote, ducks, deer, but mostly we saw buffalo. Apparently, because of the wolves, the moose population is almost non-existent, and the elk numbers are a fraction of what there were pre-wolf reintroduction. I got the distinct impression that the wolves are considered uninvited guests.
Picture 7 is one of several waterfalls we saw. The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice. Seeing it in person is truly awesome! And I mean that in the pre-everyone says awesome just because it is the trendy word of the moment way. Spectacular!
Pictures 8 and 9 are from the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone National Park. This is another case of non-justice due to photography! Again, it is truly beautiful and awe-inspiring. Picture 8 is taken from Artist's point. This is the most photographed spot in the park. Artists come to paint here and photographers snap many a picture from here. Picture 9 is at the same place, but I thought it would be good to throw one in of John and me to show we were really there! :-) I think it is the only one with either of us in it!
Picture #10 is a fellow we met on our way home. He was just standing in the middle of the road as we came upon him, and he stayed there the entire time we drove by. We practically stopped to take his picture. You can see the side mirror in the bottom corner of the picture. Obviously, no stranger to car traffic. A nice final image of our trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment