Since a factory is always a fascinating place, I thought I would give you a brief tour of our little operation.
Here is the washing portion of the factory. Here my hard working employee is cleaning the apples in warm, soapy water before the next stage of the process. I particularly like his two-handed technique to really make sure all the apples are cleaned just right, ready to be transported to...
Step 4 entails boiling until the apples are just soft enough to grind up. It doesn't take long, and then the apples are ready to move on.
The final step in our factory is a two-man job. You can see that for the most part, my employees are happy to be employed. The apples are spooned into the hopper and then pressed through the handy-dandy kitchen aid attachment, no fancy name necessary, and out comes the delicious applesauce. A little additional sugar makes it not too tart, not too sweet.
The applesauce is then sealed into freezer bags, a la seal-a-meal, and frozen for later use. Voila!!!
You can see the applesauce factory is an efficient way to use the bounty of nature. I think I can speak for all the staff from my applesauce factory when I say, we don't love making the applesauce, but we really love eating it.
No comments:
Post a Comment