Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Month in Review...

Okay, really the month and a half. My kids keep reminding me that I haven't updated the blog since last month, so here are more than a few photos of what has been going on that has kept me from blogging - aka - all the excuses I can think of.

Excuse #1 - The Talmanator

Talmage came to town and who can blog with such a cutie around? "Not I", said the grandma.
He got to stay a whole week with us while Ashley and Brandon went on a little getaway. He and I were buddies all day long while everyone was at school or work,but come 3:49ish, he really came alive. When the kids came home, he was excited, and then when Grandpa came home, he was elated. Here he demonstrates his torture method on Uncle Trevor.




Even though he is The Talmanator, he does possess a compassionate side, and always has a hug and a big slobbery kiss for his prisoner.








Talmage is also really smart and continued to strengthen his relationship with Grandpa.









Hygiene is also very important to The Talmanator, and more than one night found him in Grandpa and Grandma's tub, splashing up a storm. Uncle Trevor was always happy to be his partner in crime.


He was pure fun to have around. Even his little "fits" when he didn't get his way were fun to watch! We'll take him back anytime!



Excuse #2 - Cub Scouts



March means Pinewood Derby in these parts, and this year proved as exciting as years past. (Okay, last year is really the first one I've been at, but it was exciting too! :-)

Trevor's car is the one that will come in 1st place in this picture. He didn't always win, but he was a respectable 2nd place in the races he didn't.












March's theme of "Take Flight", was also a perfect opportunity for our den to go to one of our favorite places, the local Helicopter company, where one of our ward member's works and graciously lets us come and walk around the very expensive helicopters. I know the boys love this, because they are very careful as they walk around and listen very carefully to whetever Bro. Palmer has to say.

I can't use Cubs as an excuse much longer, as I have been called to work in Relief Society again, and will soon be released as Bear Den Leader. It has been fun, and I have really loved being able to be with Trevor.

Excuse #3 - Math Competition
Okay, truth be told, my contribution to Math Competition was picking up Kristin from the practices. Not really excuse worthy. But...it did happen in the last 6 weeks, and I thought I should at least mention it.

They placed the same - 4th. In the same category - Geometry, as they did last year.

Thank you, Mr. Murphy, for all your time as their coach!

Excuse #4 - One more trip to the Emerald City

Where did the last 6 months go? It was already time for Ashley and Brandon to move back to Dallas, so we trekked over one last time to spend the weekend with them. We took a few pictures at some of the favorite tourist viewpoints - Lovely. We hung out a little at Pike's Market - so many interesting people. We made it to the temple - always worth the effort. Ate yummy Thai food - the best yet out of the two times I've had it. The weather was perfect for a little park time - yay for sun! We also got to hang out with Chelsie and her friend, who made a road trip to Seattle the same weekend we were there - timing truly is everything.


































So as you can see, it has been a very busy 6 weeks, and I'm only at the end of March.
To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Talmage is getting so big! I love the family picture, so cute.

    ReplyDelete