Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas is coming...

Wow! I should say Christmas is here, but I do have a few more days before I could actually say that. It really seems like I was just stuffing myself with turkey and all the trimmings, and now I'm wondering just how the next few days will go until the "big day".

We've made it through the Christmas concerts - Trevor and Kristin - School, singing and trumpet respectively; Amber, Kristin and Allison - Christmas Music Fireside, all singing, Allison playing on her harp.

The gingerbread houses - Trevor - school; Allison and Amber - Young Woman Daddy-daughter; everyone - home. You may notice that one of the big gingerbread houses looks like it could cave in at any moment. Apparently there was an engineering problem with that one. Luckily that frosting dries about as hard as cement, so I'm pretty sure its not falling down, but really, who knows?


The Christmas shopping - I'm pretty sure we've never been done this early before.

Allison's birthday - she was 16 going on 17, now she's just 17.


And we got our BYU freshman home safe and sound. I hope she learned a little more about making jello!!


The decorations are up - although, the remodeling really messed up my bannister/garland plan - Hmm, I think I'll get over it. :-) Trevor once again took the proverbial reindeer by the horns and got us started. Who knows when we would have actually gotten down all those boxes without his leadership!!! Our tree top angel recently underwent her own personal makeover and I must say, she is looking mighty fine. I think she definitely has many more Christmases in her future. She was looking pretty shabby and not very angelic.



We've listened to The Chipmunks Christmas just enough times to satisfy those crazy Chipmunks fans among us

We've done the Christmas Baking to make the house really smell yummy and...

The Christmas sewing is all wrapped up. Really, you'd think I'd get it done in October since I know I'm going to do it. I'll have to put that on my to do list next year!!!

Mother Nature even provided us with a few inches of snow - yes, you read it right - SNOW!!! and with very chilly temperatures, I predict a very good chance we'll have a WHITE CHRISTMAS! Now that's something for our neck of the woods. I feel pretty safe playing weatherman here, since I have about the same chance as a professional at getting it right!!!


I am using my "Christmas greetings can be late" card (similar to the "Get out of Jail free" card) this year which means I don't have to do anything about the Christmas letter until our new little bit of heaven makes his grand(son) entrance into the world. 7 days and counting! We are excited, but not quite as excited as Ashley and Brandon, which only seems right I guess. (Although Ashley makes a very cute momma-to-be.) You will be happy to know dreams do not always come true which is so good, since I dreamed the baby's name was Joe Keener Peay the other night. Where in the heck did that come from? I am not a late-night eater, so I can't blame it on something I ate!!!

Well Christmas greetings to all - both near and far! Wouldn't it be fun to get together for Christmas - everyone, and eat and laugh and play games and just enjoy each other? Well, of course we can't do that, but we can be together in spirit, and know that I'm spending Christmas with each of you in my heart.
Each year as I learn more, and my testimony of the Savior grows, Christmas, to me, becomes more genuine and less worldly. I cannot fathom the love that Heavenly Father has for us that He sent His son to earth for us. That although He knew the ending before the beginning even started, He was willing to do that for me and for you! My Christmas wish for each of you is that you will feel the love of the Savior in your lives throughout this Christmas season and always.

My grateful list for this post is as follows...

-Christmas lights - preferably clear
-The snow - Trevor is in heaven
-Karissa's mom's chocolates (YUM)
-My Savior


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good post mom, I like the pictures. Especially the one of Kristin riding the reindeer, and the daddy/daughter gingerbread houses. Dad and Alli look like they're having a grand old time :). Enjoy your white christmas and real christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete