He'll forever be a fox!
John received his Wood Badge beads at a court of honor last Wednesday. (I didn't remember to put it in last week's blog. Still learning!!!)
He was in the fox group, so now whenever scouts are gathered he can sing the Wood Badge song with all the other foxes. Way to go, John.
In other John news... he has begun to put back together our yard which was made to look like a war zone after the remodel. Those big trucks really took a toll on the yard, not to mention the trench (moat) that they dug right through the front yard (strip of dirt behind John) which he has to re-seed, but not before he fixes all of the underground sprinklers that were broken, pipes too, throughout the project. It will keep him off the streets and out of trouble for much of the summer I imagine!! In this picture, he's building a retaining wall to build up the front yard to be level with the new porch.
Welcome Flat Stanley!
We do have a guest for the next couple of weeks. Flat Stanley came to stay courtesy of Burke Jensen, Trevor's friend who moved to Indiana. He's supposed to be having grand adventures, but so far the most adventurous thing he's done is go see Kristin's Duck Stamp drawing. (To the right of Stanley.) We have a few more weeks to take him fun places.
Prom, 2008
Prom was last night. Here is Allison with her friends, left to right, Abby, Erin, and Kaitlyn. They had fun getting ready together and having their dates pick them up together.
Putting on the boy's flowers proved tricky for most of the girls.
Allison and her date, Jake Leavitt
Sadly, these are all the pictures I got of them before they left. I had to leave in a rush because there was a problem with Chelsie's dress. ....
Here is the dress that I have been working on for the past 2 weeks. It over all went well, ,and I have to say, it was my best invisible zipper ever, Unfortunately, said zipper got caught in the lining, which I also thought I did a nice job on, and it wouldn't budge. I got to Sena's house and Mandy was stitching up the rest of the zipper by hand. In the end it looked okay, but what a way to end a project. Chelsie loved the dress though, so all was well.
Princesses Chelsie and Janie, with their boys. In place of the coach, they got the Hummer treatment. A fun time was had by all. And that is the Prom 2008 report.
In other family news, Amber had a doubleheader in Spokane. One game ended in a tie, and one game they were the victorious ones. 5 - 1. Saturday for those who were home, (John, Michele, Kristin and Trevor) was spent doing yard work. (I think I can see a trend for most of the Saturday's in the future)
Allison goes to regionals this week for tennis. She said she and her partner have a good shot at making State. You go girls!
Hi Michele! This is Angie Busch. I stumbled on your blog from Ashley's. Thanks for posting the Prom pictures. I heard all about the adventures on the phone, but no pictures! :) It was fun to see how everything turned out.
ReplyDelete