Sunday, April 13, 2008

the house is finished!!!!





Trevor and Kristin decided to make sure the jacuzzi is usable. They have used it the most of all I think. I love the mirrors in the master bath. I especially love that they were only 40.00 at Ross. At left is a tile from Turkey that caused such a delay. What a pain, but what a pretty tile. I also love the back splash on the counter and around the tub.






Also, last week, we hosted Ginger. The 4th grade hamster. Although she was threatened many times to not make it back to the classroom with her head, she was all in all a very nice house guest and the younger kids lovvvvved having her here.







And in the old news category....

Amber and her friend Amanda Welle entered National History Day and did a project on the Tennessee Valley Authority. They won 1st place in their age division. They would've gone to state except Amanda had Karate that she couldn't miss and Amber had a soccer game. In all, they had fun going to Amanda's house to work on it. They were both disappointed to not go to state, but they may do it next year together.

Kristin, Kian, Michael and Kaelee entered the Math Competition this spring. The competition was tough, and they came away with a 4th in Data and Problem solving.



April Fools!!! Lunch anyone? The three amigos made a deceptively delicious lunch for the big day. If you can't see the pix very well, it is a hot dog octopus sitting a top a bed of green macaroni and cheese. To wash that all down, there is a cold, refreshing glass of blue milk. YUM!!!

Trevor and John are breaking in the new driveway by shooting a few hoops. At the last contest, John handily beat Trev at 21-14, but Trev stomped him at PIG!!! Swoosh!

Elder Clayton graciously agreed to let us snap a picture with the kids. What a great opportunity for our family. I only wish the whole family could've been here for it. He was a very personable man who showed his commitment to his family just by the way he talked and acted.

Obviously John is thrilled with the prospect of another birthday. Who wouldn't be with a tasty blueberry lemon cheesecake to celebrate with. Happy 47th!!


And finally, no picture, but so glad to spread the good news that Ashley has filled all requirements for graduation from BYU with a degree in Home and Family Living from the college of Family, Home and Social Sciences. WOO HOO!!! Congratulations Ashley. We are very proud of you!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Rietz fam! I thought I would leave you a comment instead of stalking your blog anonymously! I came across it last night, linked from Ashley and Brandon's blog. You guys all look like you're doing so well and having a blast with life. Congratulations on finishing your house!

    Hugs,
    Dorese (Orlandi) Cornelison

    ReplyDelete